Your apartment community amenities may have attracted them to rent with you, but sponsoring fun and creative events throughout the Read More…
Engage Renters with These Five Creative Events
Your apartment community amenities may have attracted them to rent with you, but sponsoring fun and creative events throughout the year can keep renters engaged and active in your community. Renters that feel connected are less likely to damage your unit and are more likely to renew their leases. Investing in a few events per year is a great way to boost renter’s morale and serves as an opportunity to showcase your property to potential renters as well. To offset the costs for larger events, you can charge a small admission fee or open the event to the public.
- Community Yard Sale – Housing communities that host these events are able to draw large crowds from surrounding areas, not to mention your tenants will have a chance to declutter their spaces, and make some extra cash in the process. These events work best in the late Spring (mid-May) or in the early Fall.
- Holiday Events – This is an instant attraction for families with young children. Whether you have a Breakfast with Santa event for Christmas, a community Thanksgiving potluck, or a community block party for the 4th of July – be sure to at least have 2 holiday-inspired events a year. Again, these can be great conversation pieces for current tenants and help you catch the eye of prospective renters in the area. Don’t forget to snap pictures during any event and share it on social media.
- Mix & Mingle Event – If you’re apartment community has a large pool of singles or young professionals, then hosting a networking event or happy hour can be a great idea. To help with planning, you may consider giving out invitations or asking tenants to RSVP beforehand. Even partnering with a local comedian or inspirational speaker can be an added bonus for those who attend your event. To get the most out of it, promote the event at least 3-4 weeks in advance throughout your apartment community and also on social media.
- Movie Night – Rent a large movie screen and show a few classic movies. These work great during the summer and if you have a large grassy area for moviegoers to sit. Or, you can host this event at a local park where you have more space and can attract a larger audience. Before showing the movie, take a few minutes to thank the attendees and throw in a brief plug about your apartment community. Remember, these community events are just as much about having fun as they are about promoting your apartment community.
- Community Kickball Game – Believe it or not, kickball events can be a great activity for all ages. Whether you have a lot of single young adults or families with kids, a community sporting event can be tons of fun. Again, if you don’t have the space for the event at your apartment complex, partner with a community center, state park, or other business owner to secure the space for the festivities.
When choosing an event to host, consider the demographics of your renters. If there are a large number of children, then balancing kid-friendly events with adult-only events is key. If, however, you have a lot of young Millennial renters, then a late-night event can be a big hit. Or, if you have a large mix of ages and familial statuses, offering an event for each demographic group is the best way to cover all your bases.
At Top Floor Insurance, we’re here to give you valuable information you can use to keep your tenants happy and your business booming. When you’re insurance policy is up for renewal, we welcome your partnership and will find ways to save you at least 20% on your insurance premiums. We’re also happy to complete a thorough insurance policy review for you to ensure you have the right coverage, at the best rate on the market.