Millions of potential renters are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social media outlets multiple times a day. Making Read More…
Using Social Media to Attract Potential Renters – Top 5 Strategies
Millions of potential renters are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social media outlets multiple times a day. Making social media the best platform to reach out to and engage both current tenants and prospective tenants. How to choose the best platform to advertise or promote your apartment community on can take some self-reflection to determine what type of social media “feel” works best for your apartment community. For example, if you’re looking to engage tenants in real conversations around your property, perhaps enhancements, or just sharing their experiences, then Facebook may be the better route to take. Whereas if you’re hoping to share pictures and invite current residents to post pictures of their living spaces to showcase the amenities your community has to offer, then Instagram is a perfect channel for that. Whichever social media platform(s) you choose, is up to you, but be sure to stay active and encourage your tenants (current and past) to get in on the action and follow, like, or comment on your posts.
To engage prospective tenants using social media, Top Floor Insurance recommends that you leverage these five strategies:
- Send out weekly news. You may be upgrading the exterior locks, changing out the floral arrangements in the lobby areas, or hosting a swimming pool event. Find something to talk about and post news at least once a week. It doesn’t have to be ground-breaking, but something to show that there are things happening in your community. New renters like to see how informed you will keep them and love to hear about cool events or exciting upgrades taking place.
- Create fun contests or weekly events. Perhaps “Throwback Thursday” and invite tenants to post pictures of when they moved into their unit, or pictures over time, as they have changed their interior design layouts in their apartments. Or, even running a social media contest and asking tenants to post funny or interesting pictures taken in your apartment community. Whatever it is, use this to build buzz around your property and highlight it as a fun, and modern place to live.
- Have online giveaways with hashtag callouts. Don’t worry; it doesn’t have to be a free month’s rent (but it could!). Something on a smaller scale like a $25 gift card, or free tickets to a sporting event, or even just online bragging rights. You could post a riddle and ask tenants to respond, giving the prize to the first person who gets it correct. Using Twitter is a great way to promote your property with hashtag callouts, drawing your tenants (and their friends) to get in on the fun.
- Stay on top of the comments. Anytime someone comments on your post, this is a great opportunity to engage them in conversation. Perhaps a current tenant has a plumbing issue that they don’t feel is being resolved, and they post on your apartment community’s Facebook page. Leaving the comment lingering builds resentment with the tenant and can send a false signal to other future tenants that you/management is not responsive. Find time each week to respond to comments (both good and bad). This is an easy way to manage your property’s online reputation and show tenants that you take their concerns and ideas seriously.
- Share and post content at least once a week. Having fun contests and giveaways is one thing, but social media is about sharing and posting. Whether you create unique content yourself or share interesting articles, videos or pictures others post, find some way to stay active online. Aim to post or share something new at least once a week, if not 2-3 times a week. Engaging others in conversation and building online relationships is an excellent way to expand your tenant pool with social media followers.
Social media can be a fun and interactive way for you to connect with your residents and see just how they live in your apartment community. At Top Floor Insurance, we specialize in apartment community insurance, but we also make time to stay active on social media and connect with followers by posting content, like this blog, which is relevant and useful. If you’re ever in the market for a fast insurance premium quote, contact our insurance specialists at 404-266-3218.